Just a Thought

Sunday, November 20
#68 To be completely honest, I'm scared. I'm afraid of what tomorrow will bring. Afraid of the unknown. Afraid that the worse might happen. Well, to be more exact, dreading what is expected. Don't you reckon there are too many 'what ifs'? What if this happened? What if that never happened? What if this turns out differently? There are too many uncertainties. Is this where things start to fall apart? Or is it just the beginning of a new chapter? I think I've finally thought something through: the future isn't in our hands. Things mightn't turn out the way you hoped, but when the time comes, all you can do face the truth. And sometimes the truth hurts. But when it's over, you'll realise that what you're left with is positives outweighing negatives. It's psychology, I'd have to admit. And it's difficult to find the bright side when you're in pain. But it's always there. It just depends on how badly you want to see it. You might tell yourself that you wish there were a bright side, but the truth is, you're subconsciously telling yourself that there isn't one. You're not truly willing to open your heart to the hurt and then let it go. There are no do-overs in life. The time you spend dwelling on something you can't change is the time you could've spent being happier. Don't you reckon we take tomorrow for granted? We put things off, saying we'll do it tomorrow. We put so much emphasis on the future that we lose our today. Well, I think I'm going to try living in the now starting today. I shall make the best out of what I can do now, in the present.

0 comments:

Post a Comment